Digital Blending HDR Tutorial Using Luminance or Luminosity Masks – The Art of Advanced HDR
No plugins – No HDR Software – No Halos – No Noise – Take control over your HDR workflow now!
You can now take complete control over your entire HDR workflow with these video tutorials on digital blending using luminance (luminosity) masks in Photoshop.
We all know that High Dynamic Range images can be incredibly stunning when processed well. Yet, the majority of the HDR images we come across are either over-done or full of unwelcome artefacts from the HDR process.
With luminance masks you can create clean, naturally stunning HDR images without relying on expensive software outside of Photoshop.
Digital Blending, or Exposure Blending, although not a new technique, is forming the new wave of High Dynamic Range imaging and giving photographers precision editing in their workflow.
Never before has the world of HDR been so exciting, and with luminance masks it just got better.
After the incredible success of the Beginner’s HDR tutorial – The Art of HDR, Jimmy McIntyre has carefully developed an intensive course that will take your understanding and application of luminance masks to a new level, so that the quality of your images will go beyond what you ever thought possible.
What you will learn in the course
- What luminance masks are and how to create them.
- How to effortlessly blend multiple exposures to create a balanced, sharp HDR.
- How to create advanced selections using temporary adjustment layers
- How to create targeted local contrast to make your images pop
- How to intersect Alpha channels to further refine selections.
- How to subtract channels to make precise luminosity selections
- How to use a 100% non-destructive workflow
- Quick and accurate selective adjustment layers
- How to increase and decrease contrast between very specific luminosity values
- How to accurately target areas for sharpening while avoiding areas prone to noise
- Bonus tutorial included – follow a full 32 bit workflow using Photoshops 32 bit merge function
- Bonus Tutorial Included – How to use ACR 7.3 to make your images look stunning in only 10 minutes.
Who is the course for?
Essentially the course is for anyone who wants to take their HDR processing to the next level. You must, however, have a moderate understanding of Photoshop. Knowledge of what layer masks are and how to use them is essential
What others are saying about the course
Lately, there has been a trend for HDR post processing to gravitate more towards the natural look. The problem with photomatix or other software HDR, although they are great, they tend to produce a more surreal result.
I found out about Jimmy Mcintyre‘s luminosity masking during my search of workflow which will resulted in a more natural looking HDR. I can truly recommended it for those who would like to take your HDR processing to the next level. I will definitely will be using technique learn from that videos and incorporate it to my workflow.
OMG, you are the Ansel Adams of digital post process. Rather than visualizing images and the processing of images using 10 steps of luminance, your methodology enables 18 steps of luminance across 6 steps of bright luminance, 6 steps of dark luminance and 6 steps of mid-range luminance
I have to re-think my entire workflow and HDR workflow.
Amazing. It so fundamentally makes sense. Image luminosity controls in lightroom (and basic controls in ACR and photoshop) are so blunt in impact and effect compared to this methodology.
If Ansel Adams was alive he’d have gone digital and would be using this workflow and methodology and he would so readily “get it.”
Probably the most important $24.99 US I’ve spent in years.
What are the Software Requirements
Photoshop CS4 upwards is necessary for the full luminance mask course.
To follow the 32 bit bonus tutorial, Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Camera Raw 7.3 is needed
What is included?
- More than 1 hour and 40 minutes of fast paced, HDR specific luminance mask training, based around 4 video workflows and one comprehensive introduction to luminance masks video.
- The full Luminance mask action set containing 18 advanced selections
- A bonus workflow showing you how to create stunning images using only 32 bit processing and Adobe Camera Raw 7.3.
- All of the original RAW files for you to follow along with
We create the image below during Tutorial 4 in the video series (Click on the Before and After buttons below the image)
Here is a brief Time-lapse showing you two of the five luminance mask tutorials
How much is the course?
Why not buy the complete set?
Our full beginner’s HDR Course (10 video tutorials) and this advanced HDR course for just…